Services :: Post-Adoption
Evaluation :: Domestic Adoption - Post-Adoption Services
I provide a comprehensive consultation service for those families adopting
domestically. The service begins from the beginning of the relationship
with the birth mother, and includes post-adoption care and evaluation.
- Apgar scores: Are they prognostic?
- These are not prognostic of the child's future
- These scores represent what we need to do for the baby at the
time of the delivery
- Obstetrical events
- Drug testing as needed on the baby's urine.
- Outpatient/office record as well as a hospital record need to be reviewed.
- There is a pediatrician who will examine the baby at the hospital.
This doctor is usually a house doctor, but some birth mothers are able
to choose a private pediatrician as recommended by their obstetrician
- I review:
- the birth record and the hospital course.
- height, weight, and head circumference at birth and discharge.
- the feeding record of the baby in the nursery.
- urine production and stool passage.
- I speak to the pediatrician who examines the child as needed.
- Newborn screen is done in the nursery and has to be followed. This
set of test results is usually sent to the pediatrician who saw the
baby in the nursery and it becomes part of the child's hospital medical
- If the child is premature or ill at birth, all of those records will
be reviewed and I can speak to all specialists involved in the care
of the baby.
- If the mother has a difficult pregnancy which requires intervention
with a perinatologist, then I can review those records along with other
specialists as needed, i.e. if the birth mother requires sonograms,
amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling, stress tests, diabetes evaluations
(gestational), we might ask specialists to help as well
ADOPTION & PRENATAL ALCOHOL AND DRUG EXPOSURE
Research, Policy, and Practice
Edited by Richard P. Barth, Madelyn Freundlich, and David Brodzinsky
Child Welfare League of America
The Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute
Fee Schedule available
My office manager will work with you to help you receive the fullest
possible reimbursement from your health insurance company, but payment
in full is required at the time of service.
International Pediatric Health Services, PLLC
Dr. Jane Aronson, FAAP
338 East 30th Street, #1R
New York, NY 10016
Please be prepared to leave a complete phone number and hotel room
number when calling from abroad.